Funding of the Histio Net Project
Author(s): E. Schaefer, Created: 2010/07/20, Reviewed by: I. Astigarraga, J. Donadieu, last update: 2014/02/16
There is a new awareness of rare diseases and a change of public health policies in many European countries.
In the years 2009-2011, the Euro Histio Net project has received funding from the European Union, in the framework of the Public Health Programme, in order to create a reference network for Langerhans cell histiocytosis and associated syndromes in the EU.
The maintenance of the project is secured by the following institutions and associations which have financially supported the project:
- French Study Group for Histiocytoses (Groupe d'Etude des Histiocytoses - G.E.H.)
- International Patient Association for Histiocytosis, UK-based (Histiocytosis Research Trust - H R Trust)
- French Patient Association for Histiocytosis (Association Histiocytose France - A.H.F.)
- German Patient Association for Histiocytosis (HistiozytoseHilfe e.V. - HHeV)
- Dutch Patient Association for Histiocytosis (Histiocytose Nederland)
- Belgian Patient Associaton for Histiocytosis (LCH Belgium)
- Spanish Patient Association for Histiocytosis (Asociacion Española contra la Histiocitosis de celulas de Langerhans - ACHE)